Brewery Introduces 'Beer Fest, Fear Fest' to Solve the Fear of An Empty Beer Glass This Spooky Season
Fall is undoubtedly Beer Season. From tailgating to the latest fall brew flavors, the pint glass is definitely half full - never half empty - for beer lovers in autumn. So, it's understandable why 38% of American beer drinkers admit that Cenosillicaphobia - the fear of an empty beer glass - is a relatable fear, according to a new survey1 commissioned by Samuel Adams and conducted online by The Harris Poll. In fact, 20% of American beer drinkers say they'd rather run into an ex than have an empty beer glass. This spooky season, Samuel Adams introduces Beer Fest, Fear Fest - the ultimate beer season challenge that's no match for your favorite fall seasonal brew, OctoberFest.
Starting Sunday, October 1, head to Beer Fest, Fear Fest in partnership with Bucket Listers, to face your biggest fear this spooky season - Cenosillicaphobia. Beer Fest, Fear Fest is an OctoberFest-themed haunted experience where drinkers are challenged to carry a full-to-the-brim pint glass of the #1 fall seasonal beer2 through a series of jump scares. Each week, one bold drinker that makes it through the scarescape with a full glass will be rewarded3 with a season's supply of chilled-to-the-bone OctoberFest, so their pint glass stays full all autumn long.
"Beer Fest, Fear Fest is all about embracing beer season and facing your biggest fears," said Lauren Price, Head of Brand, Samuel Adams. "We know our drinkers are up to the challenge and there's no other way to celebrate than with (a full) pint of the #1 fall seasonal beer, OctoberFest."
Beer Fest, Fear Fest Details:
- When: Available throughout October
- Where: The Summer Club at the Ravel Hotel in Long Island City (8-08 Queens Plaza S, Queens, NY 11101)
- Tickets: Visit Bucket Lister's website to book your tickets, in partnership with Bucket Lister's Cityside Pumpkin Patch
- Giveaway: For full details on the Beer Fest, Fear Fest contest, visit the event landing page.
Beer Season Brews:
And, if you can't experience the haunted hops for yourself, drinkers nationwide can head to their local store and pick up a pack of Samuel Adams or other seasonal offerings in their area by visiting samueladams.com/find-a-sam.
- OctoberFest: This #1 fall seasonal is our take on a century's old classic - a hearty Märzen with a toasty malt sweetness and a light hop character that's fit for a celebration. OctoberFest is smooth with a deep malt complexity, roasty sweetness and light hop character that is perfectly festive.
- ABV: 5.3% | Available in: 6pk 12oz Bottles: SRP $9.99 | 12pk 12oz Bottles: SRP $17.99 | 28-pack 12 oz bottles: SRP $29.99 | 12pk 12oz Cans: SRP $17.99
- Beer Fest Variety Pack: This NEW seasonal assortment offers OctoberFest, Jack-O, and two exciting NEW innovations Hoppy Lager and Flannel Fest. Perfect for helping drinkers celebrating all beer season long.
- Flannel Fest: Flannel Fest is a new brew featuring robust notes of toasted bread and caramel, balanced by a light floral hop aroma. This classic German lager - Munich Dunkel - will keep you cozy during your coldest of beer season adventures.
- Hoppy Lager: A Beer Fest Variety Pack exclusive, Hoppy Lager brings flavorful crushability to the highest of hikes, craziest tailgates and most hard-core corn mazes. With a twist on a classic lager, this brew features big, juicy hop notes with crisp drinkability.
- Available in: Available in: 12pk 12oz Bottles: SRP $17.99 | 24pk 12oz Bottles: SRP $28.99 | 12pk 12oz Cans: SRP $17.99
The Greatest Party on Earth:
- In addition to Beer Fest, Fear Fest, Samuel Adams is continuing to own fall Beer Season through the introduction of Beereal, the world's first "cereal" made to be enjoyed with Samuel Adams OctoberFest. Complete with nothing but beer's favorite snack, Beereal features pretzels, instead of traditional cereal. There's even a mini-cornhole game on the back of the box! While the first Beereal drop has already come and gone, it may not be too late to get your hands on beer's favorite cereal. Head to @SamualAdamsBeer on Instagram on September 29 for more details.
- Lastly, get your steins ready - prost! Enter for a chance to win a Samuel Adams stein now through October 30.
About Samuel Adams: The Beer
Samuel Adams is a leading independent, American craft brewer that helped to launch the craft beer revolution. The brewery began in 1984 when Founder and Brewer Jim Koch used a generations-old family recipe to brew beer in his kitchen. Inspired and unafraid to challenge conventional thinking about beer, Jim brought the recipe to life with hopes drinkers would appreciate the complex, full-flavor and started sampling the beer in Boston. He named the flagship brew Samuel Adams Boston Lager in recognition of one of our nation's founding fathers, a revolutionary man of independent and pioneering spirit. Today, Samuel Adams is one of the world's most awarded breweries and remains focused on crafting the highest quality beers through innovation and experimentation in the relentless pursuit of better. Samuel Adams remains dedicated to elevating and growing the American craft beer industry overall, including providing education and support for entrepreneurs and fellow brewers through its philanthropic program, Brewing the American Dream, which helps others pursue their American Dream. For more information, visit SamuelAdams.com or follow @SamuelAdamsBeer.
About Boston Beer Company
The Boston Beer Company, Inc. (NYSE: SAM) began in 1984 brewing Samuel Adams beer and the Samuel Adams brand is currently recognized as one of the largest and most respected craft beer brands. Our portfolio of brands also includes Truly Hard Seltzer, Twisted Tea, Angry Orchard Hard Cider, Dogfish Head Brewery, and Hard Mountain Dew, as well as other craft beer brands such as Angel City Brewery and Coney Island Brewing. For more information, please visit our investor relations website at www.bostonbeer.com, which includes links to all of our respective brand websites.
1Survey Methodology: This survey was conducted online within the United States by The Harris Poll on behalf of Sam Adams from August 29-31, 2023 among 1,975 U.S. adults ages 21 and older, among whom 1,322 drink beer. The sampling precision of Harris online polls is measured by using a Bayesian credible interval. For this study, the sample data is accurate to within +/- 2.7 percentage points using a 95% confidence level. For complete survey methodology, including weighting variables and subgroup sample sizes, please contact SamAdamsPR@mullenlowe.com.
2Source: 1) IRI Total US - Multi Outlet + Conv Time: Ofest 2022 (8/1 - 10/2) 2) BBC PowerBI Octoberfest 2022
3The contest will have approximately four winners, each receiving a $250.00 gift card with an Approximate Retail Value ("ARV") - $250.00. The difference between any stated value and actual value will not be awarded to winners. Prize does not include alcoholic beverages. The selection of winners and awarding of the prize will be conducted by an independent administrator whose decisions are final and binding in all matters pertaining to this Contest.